What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
1. Very passionate and knowledgeable. The assignments and the lectures felt out of sync however.
2. I think that he knows the subject very well. He is great at showing how to do the assignments and explaining concepts. The one thing that is a weakness is that he goes through the lesson extremely fast.
3. Strengths - Interested in courseAlways ActiveWeakness -For certain topics, he seemed to be lostDepended more on book towards end of quarter
4. Strengths: good knowledge in field; Weaknesses: unclear at times
6. Very knowledgeable but not enough office hours
7. Very interesting and easy to stay engaged.
8. He teaches well. No weaknesses.
9. lack of discussion among students caused a disinterest in the subject
10. Instructor is very knowledgeable and helpful.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
1. The assignments were beneficial because they forced you to think and the professor did not just spell it out for us.
2. The critical thinking was the most beneficial for me. Even though I know I will not pass this class, it helped improve something that I was bad at.
3. More knowledgeable on algorithms and efficiency
6. Learning efficiency
7. Being shown examples of these data structures.
8. Learning a few new data structures that I didn't know yet.
9. the quizzes
10. Example problems and homework
What do you suggest to improve this course?
2. One thing that I would suggest is to take 15-20 minutes at the end of each class and review what we just learn. I think that it would help solidify what we learned during the class. It would also clear up any misunderstandings that someone would have before they move on to their next class. Another suggestion is to tell students to learn Java before entering this class.
3. -- Good
4. Could go a little faster
6. More office hours
7. Nothing, it is a very good course.
8. Don't require it for people who took AP Computer Science in high school.
9. encourage discussion. explain homework more before and after assigning
10. More examples that are related to homework. The lectures feel really long and I think that doing more problems would help me out more.
Comment on the grading procedures and exams
3. Quick and fair
4. Literally done by computer, so fair
7. Good and timely grading system.
8. Grading is fine.
10. Grading on the homework was fair. The grading on the exams was not as fair.
2. Overall great teacher, but the class is just very hard.
5. He is a very good instructor and he knows a lot!
10. Tests on paper are super hard