What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
1. +Enthusiastic-Assignments graded much later than needed
2. Strengths:1. Master in the programming language.2. knowing the weakness point of students, at least for me.
3. Strengths: Classes were always entertaining and never boring.Weaknesses: Homework was graded slowly (though our instructor noted that he was expecting a grader to assist him with this but never got one)
4. strengths: very familiar with the materials that he is teaching; homework is well-designed; course pace is appropriate. the concepts are explained in a clear manna.weakness: should communicate with students more carefully.
5. Some material was assumed to be known. Prof made class enjoyable somehow.
6. His strength is that he a wide knowledge in his field . his weakness is that most of his questions are ambiguous and need more explanation . he would be the best if he would take it easy on students and make reasonable exams . better than curving all the time .
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
1. Learning data structures
2. Analysis of algorithms.
3. Homeworks were designed so that we could test whether or not the code we wrote was working correctly while working on it
4. career and interview prepare.
6. Coding java
What do you suggest to improve this course?
1. Faster grading.
2. use an additional - optional- programming language.
5. Choose more useful material. I suggest removing from E-Commerce Technology requirements. And maybe another book.
6. The course is good . also because of the assignment that is given weekly , makes it more interesting to go through java .
Comment on the grading procedures and exams
1. Should have removed the quiz that was not posted on the todo for the week rather than simply removing lowest grade. This was unfair to the students who simply missed the quiz because it wasn't made visible. As result, we lost the benefit of that while other students were able to take advantage of it in real manner.
3. Time allocated for exam taking wasn't enough. I felt rushed the entire time, thus reducing my performance
4. should allow more attempts to the quiz
5. Assignment grading took so long. We should know all our grades 1 week before the final max. The midterm and final grades are not determined yet.
6. Again the exam was long and hard .
5. The prof was a bit disorganized with the assignments and grading. Some things were posted before they're supposed to be done which caused confusion.
6. This class is good with Professor James he is dedicating himself to teach but also impossible for the level of difficulty of his exams .