What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
1. The major strength was that I have learnt some new things about programming.
2. this instructor needs to change the text book because it is not that much benefit to us and the text book is not that much intrested.
3. Very thorogh with the material, excellent presentation skills
4. Strengths: Outstanding knowledge of the subject, enthusiasm for the material, high energy level, and reliable.Weaknesses: Nothing major. Often glosses over code too fast.
5. He really knows the subject well, which is impressive since it's basically ALL programming languages. Enthusiasm, sense of humor.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
2. with this subject i understood how to implements new method for designing the new language .
4. Exposure to programming languages and different design issues in terms of type safety. This course filled in the gaps I've had from programming in different languages. Overall, I am a better computer scientist because of this course.
5. Understanding how code actual runs was very helpful. I was less happy with the more theoretical aspects.
What do you suggest to improve this course?
1. I belive the course was well organized, therefore I don't see point to improve this course with this instructor.
2. change the text book
3. Too short of a time to cover so much material. This course should be broken down into 2 courses.
4. Nothing. Very well designed.
5. The lecture/homework/exam are all closely related, but only loosely connected to the book. Both are excellent, but the course would benefit from a little tighter integration.
Comment on the grading procedures and exams
1. The grades were appropriate to my knowledge.
2. it is excellent and need to use not only java but also c & c++
4. Challenging, fair, and accurate.
5. The exam could have covered anything we discussed, but it was only similar to previous homework questions. Fair enough.
1. Great instructor. Very possitive attitude with braod knwoledge.
2. finally, i just wants to tell that we need to change the text book.
4. Professor Riely is a true professional. He's knowledgeable, enthusiastic, helpful, and natural in the classroom. He is absolutely one of the best professors at DePaul. Most importantly, he was very challenging both in terms of course difficulty and the amount of work. I'm very happy about this since there is no better way to learn than to be challenged. I would recommend Professor Riely without question!