CSC 300 502
||Data Structures I
|Return to List
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- Strength: Knowing all the material in depth, like REALLY in depthWeakness: Just trying to really explain it in a clear matter, sometimes it?s kind of confusing.
- Engaging, helpful, kind. Sometimes lectures seemed tangential.
- Subject matter expert
- He's fun, knowledgable, and is great at answering your questions. However my one critique is that he came off a tad condescending at the start of the course. That could just be me looking into it too much though.
- Professor Riely has grand knowledge base, but I hope he can talk letture base on the textbook
- Major strength, easy to ask questions and understand emotionally. Weakness, unknown
- The instructor did very well to demonstrate how code worked by illustrating step by step on the white board. However, he was a tad bit unorganized in his code folders.
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Strengthening my knowledge of Java and comfort level with data structures.
- validation of homework solutions, and reviewing quiz answers
- I already had a good understanding of data structures coming into the course, so the entire course felt like review to me.
- Basic java langugae
- Node and prev link usage, despite my somewhat mediocre ability to do them
- All the algorithms and data structures those algorithms work on expanded my range of understanding in my field of study.
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- None really
- during percolation week, have SI leaders explain the syntax required for the homework. Up to this point in the class, we have not seen how to even put things into eclipse to get them to do want we want.
- Maybe have the students take part in writing out demonstrations of concepts more?
- Quiz were hard and homework
- I?ve got nothing
- none in particular
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- Could be a little bit faster on the grading for exams only
- I felt that the small number of questions on the D2L quizzes created consistent subpar grades.
- none. Grading was quick and to the point.
- Personally I?m a bigger fan of being able to test the code mid-test, but I wouldn?t know if it shows off skill more appropriately.
- none in particular