|Course:||CSC 347 602|
|Course Name:||Concepts of Programming Languages|
|Return to List|
What are the major strengths and weaknesses of the instructor?
- Knowledge of material, easygoing and humorous. Its hard to say if he had a weakness because I wasn't struggling with this course at all. Maybe he's too easygoing.
- Stengths: Concise Weaknesses: unclear, scattered brained, test reliant.
- major strengths: Professor Riely is one of the best at depaul, he has a wider background than other professors. weaknesses, I believe he has not taught this course for undergrad level in a long time, because I feel we were expected to meet the grade level of knowledge.
- He provides examples that make concepts easy to understand.
- Strengths: Effectively conveying information and course material, Clear and concise about what is expected. No weaknesses.
- Good knowledge and explanation
What aspects of this course were most beneficial to you?
- Exposure to various languages and concepts
- The variety of programming languages used.
- Exposure to different languages and their types, dynamically typed or statically typed CBV or CBR
- The homework, lectures, quizzes, and readings were most beneficial to me.
- HW, outside resources
What suggestions do you have that could help improve the course?
- I'm not a fan of how worksheets are a checkbox, if there was just a multiple choice digital or physical handout that might be a tad more concrete and just as easy to grade
- Less test more scrum and projects implementing scala/js
- Start asking students to answer questions more often
- I do not have any suggestions to help improve the course.
Do you have comments on the grading procedures and exams?
- Eat your beans
- Its sodoku with code, far too easy to get one off mistakes when tracing code on paper in a course where 75% of your grade is test reliant.
- Exams should have what each question's worth. Also, it is not fair that students need to score a D- or better in the midterm or the final, since they are just one-time an hour and half tests.
- The grading procedures and exams were fair.
- You'd better eat em
- Good instructor, another poorly designed course. Computer science thus far at depaul is making fans of software rather than making engineers and needs a much larger focus on projects,scrum,general design and full stack development.